Monday, July 14, 2008
Key Points posted by Richard SeymourOn the segregation wall:
- This route will run to 723 kilometres, more than double the length of the 1949 Armistice (Green Line), with 87% located inside the West Bank (including East Jerusalem).
- The Barrier will isolate approximately 9.8% of West Bank territory, including East Jerusalem and No-Man’s Land.
- Approximately 420,000 settlers in 80 settlements will be located between the Barrier and the Green Line.
- Approximately 35,000 West Bank Palestinians will be located between the Barrier and the Green Line, in addition to the majority of the approximately 250,000 residents of East Jerusalem.
- Approximately 125,000 Palestinians in 28 communities will be surrounded on three sides by the Barrier.
- Approximately, 26,000 Palestinians in 8 communities will be surrounded on four sides by the Barrier, with a tunnel or road connection to the rest of the West Bank.