Wednesday, January 25, 2006
Emerald Pile. posted by Richard SeymourNoreen has tagged me for this meme and when Noreen tells you to do something, you do it or risk being told off.
Seven things to do before I die:
1) Lead the revolution to success.
2) Counteract the Thermidorian reaction.
Seven things I cannot do:
1) Feign enthusiasm.
2) Get published for money (or love).
3) Grow up.
Seven things that attract me to a city:
1) Enormous populations.
2) Endless Andrew Lloyd-Webber and Ben Elton musicals.
3) Urban working classes malleable to my malevolent message.
Seven things I say:
1) I do not have catchphrases, so kindly fuck off with your "Let's see what lenin's little foibles are" madness.
Seven books I like:
1) I've done this sort of thing before.
2) Almost anything by Gore Vidal or Oscar Wilde.
3) The Ticklish Subject by Slavoj Zizek.
4) Several hundred others.
5) One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (Foucault before Foucault).
6) Everything by Noam Chomsky.
7) Some Martin Amis stuff, but someone needs to explain to him that a cliche doesn't cease being one because you make it readable (as in "I saw in his eyes the assertion that..."), that Trotsky was not into killing nuns, and that things don't reside "in the back" of one's mind as if the brain is a theatre with all the light gathered at the proscenium.
Seven movies that I’ve loved:
1) Three Kings.
2) Cradle Will Rock.
3) The Battle of Algiers.
4) Nico (Steven Segal kicking Reaganite CIA ass/arse).
5) Citizen Kane.
6) American Beauty.
7) Fight Club.
Seven people to tag:
1) I'm not putting anyone else through this. Want to take part in this unenlightening charade? And end up like me? Fine. If you want Bloggery to end up even more self-referential and navel-gazing than it already is, go ahead.